I periodically review and update the appellate case law relating to so-called Yellowstone proceedings – where the tenant under a commercial lease brings an action in Supreme Court to toll the time to remedy a default asserted by a landlord in a notice to cure and to enjoin the filing of a summary proceeding for eviction in Civil Court. In recent months, the First Department has issued five decisions relating to Yellowstone proceedings. Continue reading
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- “Barter Battle” Between Life Coach and Yoga Instructor Ends With Legal Takedown
- New York Appeals Update (April 2020)
- The “Paper Street Rule” Meets the “Practical Location Doctrine” at the Intersection of Centre Avenue and Bay 43rd Street
- Do Good Fences Make Good Neighbors?
- NY Governor Cuomo Signs Two Executive Orders
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates