I periodically review and update the appellate case law relating to so-called Yellowstone proceedings – where the tenant under a commercial lease brings an action in Supreme Court to toll the time to remedy a default asserted by a landlord in a notice to cure and to enjoin the filing of a summary proceeding for eviction in Civil Court. In recent months, the First Department has issued five decisions relating to Yellowstone proceedings. Continue reading
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- Wedding Venue Dispute Arises from Vendor’s Assignment of Contract
- Managing Agent for Residential Landlord Failed to Return Security Deposit
- Was Hunter Negligent in Causing His Brother-in-Law’s Death?
- Visitor Trips, Falls and Injured When Leaving a House
- Disabled Customer Injured When Motorized Shopping Cart Jerked Forward
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates