New York is a so-called “at will state” in which an employee without a contract for a definite term may be discharged at any time and/or without cause. Two recent decisions illustrate the apparent insurmountability of the “at will” employment doctrine. Continue reading
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- Leaky Can of Insecticide Befouls NYC Apt.: Which of Several Parties Was Responsible? Under What Law?
- COVID-19 Meets Force Majeure at the Edison Ballroom: Was Equitable Relief Warranted to Postpone Birthday Party?
- Does Gryffin belong to Shalloo or Zarrour? Court Decides Claims to Welsh Terrier Puppy
- Yet Another Fight About Exclusive Coop Roof Rights: Battle on 93rd St. Over Deck Space Next to Greenhouses
- Court Orders Tenant to Wear Mask
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates