New York is a so-called “at will state” in which an employee without a contract for a definite term may be discharged at any time and/or without cause. Two recent decisions illustrate the apparent insurmountability of the “at will” employment doctrine. Continue reading
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- “Barter Battle” Between Life Coach and Yoga Instructor Ends With Legal Takedown
- New York Appeals Update (April 2020)
- The “Paper Street Rule” Meets the “Practical Location Doctrine” at the Intersection of Centre Avenue and Bay 43rd Street
- Do Good Fences Make Good Neighbors?
- NY Governor Cuomo Signs Two Executive Orders
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates