Documents included with offering plans (i.e. declarations, by-laws, rules and regulations, etc.) and other evidence are used to determine whether the board of a residential cooperative or condominium or the owner of an apartment is responsible to fix failures in a building system. Keep in mind, however, that a board or managing agent may become responsible for damages (which are otherwise the obligation of the apartment owner) if they voluntarily or gratuitously inject themselves into addressing or remediating a unit owner’s problem.
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- Homeowners Install Fence and Defy Homeowner’s Association Demand to Remove:
- Melee at MSG/Billy Joel Concert Leads to Arrest:
- Navigating the “Bermuda Triangle” of Objections to Probate:
- Lawsuit Pits Father Against Son Over Family Businesses
- Lease Permitted Restaurant at Ol’ Bridge Café on 24th Street
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates