Every few years, I am asked by a colleague, relative or friend whether s/he is responsible for damage or injury that a falling tree or limb caused an adjoining property or a neighbor. A recently reported case summarized the relevant, applicable and dispositive law. Skalafuris v. Arpadi, 43 Misc.3d 128(A), Appellate Term, Second Department, March 17, 2014.
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- Play Ball!!! Ron Darling “Strikes Out” Libel-Proof Lenny Dykstra
- Legal Fencing After Motorcycle Collides With a Horse on Route 197
- Precariously Pitched Pipe Meets a Failed Flange at the Madison Square Condominium
- Business Judgment Rule Not a License to Ignore POA Declaration
- Neighbors at 25 CPW: “Nattering Nabobs of Negatavism”*
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates