Tenant of a rent stabilized Manhattan apartment listed the unit on the Airbnb website at nightly rental rates starting at $200. Entered into more than one dozen separate rentals totaling 79 nights in 10 months, with up to 5 guests per rental. And collected as much as $366.00 per night, more than four times tenant’s daily rent of $90.00. Landlord started an eviction proceeding.
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- Schiele Portrait of Wife Title Dispute Meets the Doctrine of “Tax Estoppel”
- All is Not Peaceful on Willow Lane on Shelter Island: Neighbors Litigate Scope of 1959 Right of Way
- SGR Litigator Victor Metsch Honored with a New York City Bar Justice Center 2021 Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award
- Town Voided Certificate of Occupancy Before Closing: Was Non-Disclosure Excused by “Caveat Emptor”?
- Coop Terminated Proprietary Lease for Objectionable Conduct
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates