Tenant of a rent stabilized Manhattan apartment listed the unit on the Airbnb website at nightly rental rates starting at $200. Entered into more than one dozen separate rentals totaling 79 nights in 10 months, with up to 5 guests per rental. And collected as much as $366.00 per night, more than four times tenant’s daily rent of $90.00. Landlord started an eviction proceeding.
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- Tenant Claims Habitability Breach Amounts to Harassment
- Co-op Board Learns That Emails Can Bite Back
- Hit by Falling Towel Dispenser – Res Ipsa Loquitur: “The Thing Speaks for Itself”
- Bad Faith in Rejecting Sale of Unit Leads to Damages: Board Breached Fiduciary Duty to Apartment Owner
- “Red Shoe” Stubs a (Legal) Toe on East 75th Street: No Pandemic Caused Frustration/Impossibility of Performance
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates