Tenant of a rent stabilized Manhattan apartment listed the unit on the Airbnb website at nightly rental rates starting at $200. Entered into more than one dozen separate rentals totaling 79 nights in 10 months, with up to 5 guests per rental. And collected as much as $366.00 per night, more than four times tenant’s daily rent of $90.00. Landlord started an eviction proceeding.
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- “Arbitrary and Capricious” Confronts the “Business Judgment Rule” at 137 Duane Street
- Access to a Neighboring Building Is Not Guaranteed
- E-Mail to Unit Owners: Privileged or Defamatory? Pause Before Hitting Send
- 2015 Decree Collides With 1896 Deed in Ogdensburg: Canon Law Confronts and Trumps the Common Law
- “Wrong Way” Biker Hits “Jay-Walker” on E. 55th: NY Law and NYC Reg Collide Btw. Lex. and Third
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates