Tenant of a rent stabilized Manhattan apartment listed the unit on the Airbnb website at nightly rental rates starting at $200. Entered into more than one dozen separate rentals totaling 79 nights in 10 months, with up to 5 guests per rental. And collected as much as $366.00 per night, more than four times tenant’s daily rent of $90.00. Landlord started an eviction proceeding.
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- “Barter Battle” Between Life Coach and Yoga Instructor Ends With Legal Takedown
- New York Appeals Update (April 2020)
- The “Paper Street Rule” Meets the “Practical Location Doctrine” at the Intersection of Centre Avenue and Bay 43rd Street
- Do Good Fences Make Good Neighbors?
- NY Governor Cuomo Signs Two Executive Orders
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates