Documents included with offering plans (i.e. declarations, by-laws, rules and regulations, etc.) and other evidence are used to determine whether the board of a residential cooperative or condominium or the owner of an apartment is responsible to fix failures in a building system. Keep in mind, however, that a board or managing agent may become responsible for damages (which are otherwise the obligation of the apartment owner) if they voluntarily or gratuitously inject themselves into addressing or remediating a unit owner’s problem.
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLPSmith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP is a premier, national, full service law firm.
- Automobile Operator Killed Outside Vehicle By Hit & Run Driver
- Operator Killed Outside Stalled Vehicle By Hit & Run Driver
- Non-Compliant Home Improvement Contract Not Enforceable
- Simmons Alleged That Forged Deed Gave Bell Title to Real Property in Queens
- Easement for Ingress/ Egress For Benefit of Neighboring Property in Brooklyn
- Employment Law
- Law Firms
- New York Law
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates